Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh, NO!

It is FRIDAY! 

But before I get too excited and share my plans for the weekend, can I just talk a little trash for a minute or two?

Alright, but before I talk trash, I'm going to share my honored gossip sharing tradition with you- go get me a cup of coffee, pleaaaaase? 

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.  That's how I trick people into getting me a cup of coffee.  I say that I've got exciting, dramatic, guaranteed to have you balancing on the edge of your desk chair gossip, then I saw, "Okay, before I tell you the story, go get me a cup of coffee really quick!" 

It always works.

So what's going on? 

I have a coworker who, every time she calls someone, says 'Aw, YES!' when someone answers the phone.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It's driving me INSANE! 

I was discussing it with another coworker-  we've even tried to talk one another into even just asking, 'Lady, why do you say AW, YES! everytime you call someone?'

I don't even know why it annoys me.  It's like a water torture.  Just when the pain of one drop has subsided and you're starting to relax again:  "AW, YES!!!" 

STAB!  PAIN!  OWWWW!  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOMAN?!  DOESN'T A PLAIN "HELLO" WORK FOR YOU?!

Alright, so:  It's PAY-DAY FRIDAY!

What are my plans for the weekend?  I'm getting up bright and early to go pick up a stamp that I've had my eye on since last Saturday.  And I'm gonna buy whatever else catches my eye.  Anything I want.  Cuz I'm grown. 

Next stop:  Byron's Liquor Warehouse.  Gotta get a fresh box of wine.

Then, I'm gonna clean up my worktable and make things all weekend. 

Who wants to join me?  Reservation lines are open NOW.  Don't delay! 

-kory

8 comments:

  1. Aw yes! I now know how to get a drink out of Nick haha. A crafty weekend? You betcha! I could happily hole myself up in my room and muck about. Mind, I might take a break or two to veg in front of the TV and catch up on a film or two, but that's the only exercise I'm planning. Have a great weekend my friend. Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts, always so entertaining! My big office pet peeve is that everyone seems to think tomorrow is spelled tomarrow. I've soooo thought about sending a reply email to a certain person who is constantly spelling it this way. I'm up for a weekend full of crafting, but first will have to come an evening full of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! And for finding my posts entertaining!!!

      -k

      Delete
  3. maybe you should start doing the same thing..you know what they say, if you can't beat em, join em! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me her # and I'll call when you tell me it's a good time. Not to annoy you by hearing the 'Aw, yes!!!' but to ask why she answers the phone that way. Oh, tell me what to call about so I seem relevant before I ask ;) I am 100% up for it lol!

    I'm not crafting this weekend unfortunately, but I am moving all the crafty goodness around, sorting projects, planning the new house on my 'breaks' as well as enjoying a few or more cold ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says it when she CALLS someone!!!

      So, imagine it:

      She picks up the phone, dials it- and the person answers, says "Hello, (Name of Business or whatever)?

      AND SHE SAYS: "Aw, yes!"

      EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!!!

      But I do thank you for offering to call- but how 'bout I give her your number and say, "Hey, can you call this important office and ask to set up a return call from whoever, for me? I know you're not my secretary or nuffin, but wouldja?!" THEN you could witness it!!!

      AW, YES!!!

      lol

      and as insignificant as it seems, imagine that- at random moments throughout the day- just as you've thought, MAYBE, just maybe, she won' do it the next time, you've just imagined or exaggerated it-

      AW, YES!

      -yeahp, it's that bad.

      -kory

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHA! OMGosh, I'm so in for that! Before the small, I was a retail manager and had to deal with the crazies constantly. I am perfect at being polite yet sarcastic when called for. PM me or email me and we could have a great post on our hands lol!

      Delete