Thursday, July 12, 2012

New Layout: Beautiful Baby

Are you growing tired of my Nelson layouts?  Really?  You're bored of layouts using photos of my dear doggie, Nelson?  Would you say the same thing to the coworker who throws pictures of her horrid children in your face all day?  Oh, you would?  Okay, as long as you treat everyone equally...

How's everybody doing tonight?   Yayyyy, me too.   A long, torturous day at work- but luckily it was broken up by a lunch hour shopping frenzy at PAPER CROWN.  That's right- I have (nearly) the entire collection of BasicGrey's CLIPPINGS in my hot little hands.  And it's as beautiful as it looks in its publicity photos.  Swear.

But more about CLIPPINGS later-  I'm back with a new layout:


I recently printed out a good-sized heap of photos from my digital camera.  I've got lots of photos to work with- and I'm definitely gonna hafta do a few multi-photo layouts.  But for now, I'm just going to enjoy myself with my favorite kindsa layouts.


As usual, there's some misting and some tape.  I can't say no.  I used the Christy Thomlinson 'Vintage Doily' mask to for the big misted/masked shape up there, off center.  I used Mister Huey's Dark Calico and some October Afternoon 'Frequent Flyer' Sprinkler.


The 'I miss you dearly' piece is from a set of stamps from American Crafts, that I picked up on clearance (3.00!) over at Da HobLobs.  I cut off the part that says, 'just a note to say.'  And I thought it worked nicely under the photo.


I tried to use my SMASH stamp to stamp the date up there- but I didn't press it down correctly, and had to handwrite the date the rest of the way...  but I like how it adds to the handmade touch.


And one last close-up.  You can see the misting pretty well, right here.  I also like the Sizzix embossing folder I used on the piece of kraft paper behind the photo.  I love to emboss.  It's one of the finer things in life.  Every single time I'm standing at the BigKick, rolling another piece of cardstock through, I sigh and say, "I wonder what the poor people are doin' today..."

Tomorrow's FRIDAY!  I have a fully booked weekend, lots of shows to catch before they close, a wild party, and a class with Dina Wakley on Saturday morning.  So you know what that means.  Yeahp.  No cocktails tomorrow night.  I've gotta be ready to make some stuff bright and early on Saturday!

-kory

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kory K! Awesome job on the layout! I'll never get tired of Nelson LO's! He was a cutie Pie! What a great way to document what a special dog he was to you!! :)

    Hugs,
    Heather Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I adore all your Nelson pics and pages!! :) This is wonderful!

    OH ... I pulled out those Crafter's Workshop template things that I told you I had. There are two 12x12s and an 8.5x11, all with flourishy type patterns. I'll bring them to Paper Crown on the 23rd. Not sure if you'll want them or not - but someone there can have them, I never use them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that your handwriting? If so, you have beautiful penmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kory how amazing!!! I love your dog layouts, so special and beautiful. The colors on this one are amazing, the picture is adorable. Love the title and the wash! Gorgeous! You have inspired me to make my own, I have mentioned you on my blog go see,

    Love, Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, he is a beautiful baby! Love the misting and beautiful journaling.

    ReplyDelete