Monday, May 7, 2012

Scrapbook Day and BRAND NEW My Mind's Eye!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

I saw this now, AFTER the 'National Holiday.'  We really should push for this to become a federal holiday.  Really.  After reading about some the marathon crops that many of you were attending, you definitely needed to call in sick Monday!

What did I do to celebrate NSBD?  Make a new mini-album?  Make fifty amazing Pinterest*-worthy layouts?

No.  I went  out to celebrate Cinco De Mayo.  Why do WE celebrate Cinco De Mayo so crazily suddenly?  I thought I could at least take some pictures that I COULD scrap-  but I forgot about that plan until 2am when the bars closed and I was pushed out a door and had to wait until they found Holly Busch and pushed her out the door- that was when I remembered I was supposed to be taking pictures.  And are you ready to see this award winning photo?  Here it is:



Yeahp.  I guess I had my finger over the lens.


Oh! Kory!  What was the '*' after Pinterest up in the paragraph up there all about, huh?

WELL!  My favorite online home of scrappytainment, Scrapbook.com, pinned by NYC layout to their Vacations board.  On Pinterest!   And yes, I know they pin LOTS of layouts - but still,  I couldn't help but feel like I should wash my face and put on clean clothes.

So anyways, I'll try to celebrate National Scrapbook Day next weekend.  I'm usually a week behind on holidays.


So, didja see the new collection, NOSTALGIA, just out from MY MIND'S EYE?  I love their papers.  They always look great.  They're rarely overwhelmingly feminine, very versatile- just greatness.  Usually, their stuff reminds me of some kind of great vintage wallpaper from some classy cruise ship.

Check out a few of my favorites:

photos from http://mymindseye.typepad.com/

photos from http://mymindseye.typepad.com/

photos from http://mymindseye.typepad.com/

photos from http://mymindseye.typepad.com/

photos from http://mymindseye.typepad.com/


It's okay.  Take a few minutes to go wash your face.  I'll wait.

Aren't those GREAT?!  I WANT THEM NOW.


Alright.  It's Benadryl time.  See y'all.

-kory

7 comments:

  1. Benadryl @ 4:48 Kory? Well I love your post lol and that ppr is cute. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great papers....good guy layout material. Your pic has such depth and meaning to it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely papers Kory, I really love them might look into that collection. Congrats on being pinned!!! So awesome, that LO is truly amazing!!

    Have a good week! Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do more than just wash my face, a bout of bank holiday laziness has meant I'm sporting a face full of fuzz - not a good look when there's a heap of grey in it!!!! Love those MME papers. They have a range of styles and I don't go for all of them. However, I love when they get their vintage groove on like these. And I love the idea of being on a classy cruise haha. Will keep my filthy comments to myself though haha. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Scrapiverse story. And I too, apreciate the depth and quality, emotion and composition, behind the Cinco de Mayo Day celebration.
    Congratulations on the Pinterest pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cinco de Mayo Day celebration photo. Good thing i looked at what i wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being Pinned Buddy!!! :) Love the photo you need to scrap it anyways! :)

    ReplyDelete